Sunday, March 8, 2009

Taking Chance

I finally watched it and it broke my heart. What an amazing movie. I had tears in my eyes within the first few minutes and they lasted til the end. There are a couple things that really touched me.

First, it's a side of the military you don't really see. Death is a common occurrence in war, but each Marine (and I assume it's the same in every branch) is treated like they was the most important.

Second, there are still good people out there. The reactions by those Lt. Colonel Strobl encountered were refreshing. It raised my faith in humanity a bit.

Also, Kevin Bacon did a great job. I haven't liked a lot of his recent stuff, but he redeemed himself.

On a personal note, I did another three miles today. I added a minute to my time, but I think that was because I waited until it was ungodly hot to go. I'm going to try to go earlier in the morning on the weekend.

No comments: