Sunday, February 22, 2009

Almost There

I managed to do 2.5 miles today. Just a half mile to go to the PFT distance, then I can work on time. Right now, I can do the 2.5 in 34 minutes without pushing myself to the point of collapse. I do distance runs two days a week, and intervals two days a week. I think I need to increase the number of intervals I do in a day, though.

I signed up to be a mentor, and I met my "mentee" today. Her name is Tina and she's 11. I helped her get her notes for a report on Harriet Tubman all done tonight. She has two younger siblings who were disrupting us and her home situation is less than desirable, so I'm going to make it a point to take her somewhere each week, even if it's just the library. That way I can give her some one-on-one time and maybe help her with her homework. I think I'll save up some money and take her somewhere fun once a month.

No comments: