Thursday, February 19, 2009

Courage is endurance for one moment more…

-Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

I did nearly 2.5 miles today. I could see the marker; it was so close. My legs just wouldn't run any further, though. I probably could've forced myself to do it, but I know I wouldn't have been able walk the rest of the 4 miles if I did (ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration). I will do 2.5 on Saturday. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Today, the coordinator for the Eckerd Mentoring Program contacted me. I officially have a mentee. I get to meet her this weekend. It was between two sisters, but I'm not sure which one she chose. One is 8, one is 11. All I know is that her name is Tina, and she is doing a report on Harriet Tubman, but doesn't have a book. So I'm going to the library tomorrow to get a book or two for her to use. We'll be spending at least an hour a week together.

My reading has slacked off a bit. I'm still working on Gates of Fire. It's a good book, but now that I've stepped up my exercising, I have less time to read. I'll have to renew With the Old Breed again.

No comments: