Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Routine

I've decided I need to change up my routine and really start losing weight if I want to join the Marines before it's too late. I would like to go to scheduled PT, but even if I managed to get my co-worker to switch shifts with me, I still wouldn't get to leave until 5:30. So I have to do it on my own, at least for now. If I lose 3 pounds a week, it will take me about 12 weeks (April 28). 4 pounds a week is 9 weeks (April 7).

Running
Intervals: Wednesday, Friday, Sunday- Running 2 min per 1/4 mile for increasing periods of time.
Distance: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday- Running non-stop for increasing distances (currently at 1.75 miles)

Strength Training
-Hundred Push-up program MWF, regular push-ups, column 2. Currently on week 2. Can do a total of 50
-Two-Hundred Sit-ups program MWF, column 2. On Week 1. Can only do 40 max.
-Leg exercises from www.military.com TRS
-Find a good routine to do at home with no equipment.

Stretching
-Follow daily routine from http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/.

Nutrition
-Limit apples or sugary fruits
-Limit: One soda a month
-At least one salad a day
-Limit: Pizza once a month
-No more Starbucks
-No white bread
-Limit: Order out once a month if all other goals met (excluding Thursday lunch at work)
-Track everything on Sparkpeople.com, even if I feel guilty seeing it.
-No more candy! I don't need it.
-Plan meals every week.

Knowledge
-Learn the following before going to the recruiter:
  -Rank Structure
  -11 General Orders
  -Code of Conduct
  -Rifelman's Creed
  -Marine's Hymn
  -USMC Core Values
  -M16A4 Rifle Characteristics

No comments: