Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Car Trouble

My car started just fine yesterday morning when I went to the park to run, but when I got in it for work, it wouldn't turn over. My boss is pretty handy when it comes to vehicles, so he came and took a look. After replacing the battery, it still wouldn't start. So I had to take it to a shop today and dropped $300 on a new starter. Luckily, my boss needs a battery, so he's taking the new one rather than making me keep it.

I've been doing pretty good on staying in my calorie range. Surprisingly, I'm not hungry all the time like I thought I'd be. Now that I don't have so much wiggle room, I'm making everything count, most of the time. I did have 1/3 of a donut today after taking my car in. I shouldn't have, but I did. I'll still manage to stay under the 1000 calories, but I might be a bit hungrier in the morning.

I didn't get my run in this morning either. Not much I could do about that, though. I couldn't drive to the park, and there's no way I'm running around here. It's a bit scary to do stuff like that. I'm going to push myself extra hard tomorrow morning. My goal is to do 2 miles in 24 minutes (I've been doing 2 in 25). I want to do 3 in 36 by the end of the month. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to. I did it once before.

I got ASVAB for Dummies today. I want to do well on the entire thing, so I have a better chance of getting what I want. At this point, I haven't decided what I want, so if I study for everything, I should be good to go!

No comments: