Friday, June 26, 2009

Calorie Cycling

I'm going to try calorie cycling for two weeks. I've been eating at the same calorie level for awhile now and I think it's hurting. Combine that with 4 runs a week, 3 days of 30-day Shred, and 5 days of Cardio Max, and hopefully those last 10 pounds will disappear.

I've decided that after I lose another 5 pounds, I'll go to the recruiters' office. It's easy for them to say "Come in when you're at max weight" over the phone, but maybe once they see how far I've come, they'll be excited to push me those last 5 pounds. I feel like I need to get myself back in the game before I can expect someone else to help me (not a very good Marine mindset, I know). I'm going to leave work early one of these days so I can check out PT. Once I'm actually in DEP, I'll see if I can work it so I can leave early every Thursday.

Reading: The Pepperdogs, by Bing West. It's written about a group of recon reservists who disobey orders to rescue a fellow Marine, kidnapped by Serbs. Bing West is a fantastic author. He also wrote The Village, which is one of my favorites. The Pepperdogs is shaping up to be a close second.

No comments: