Saturday, June 13, 2009

Disappointed

I'm seriously disappointed in myself. I'm failing miserably. I did run three times last week, but that's not good enough. I don't know why I'm dropping the ball. Maybe I don't really have what it takes to be a Marine. Why am I losing it so badly? I'm not overeating, but I'm not exercising, and that's killing me. I've been hovering around 160 for a month. It's ridiculous and pathetic. I need to get back on track, and I know how, but I don't know how to get the motivation.

So I came up with something more than the reward system I was using before. If I do my push-ups and crunches, I get $.10 each. If I do cardio, I get $.25 (cardio twice a day gets me $.50). If I run, I get $.50 (it counts as cardio too, so I get $.60). If there's something I want, I can't get it unless I have the money. Hopefully the monetary motivation will help. It may also keep me from blowing money I should be saving. I will still reward myself separately for reaching 149, since that is my ultimate goal and it deserves a true reward (I'm thinking a guitar would be nice).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to talk to a recruiter, get into the poolee program, and PT with them. This is a very difficult thing to go at alone, and I think you are starting to see that now. You show strength through allowing yourself to be accountable to others. That's what Marines do; we help each other grow.

Unknown said...

I would love to PT with them, but they PT at 5pm on Thursdays, and I work until 6. And it's not the type of job where I can come in early and leave early. Maybe I'll contact the recruiter and see if they have some other suggestions. Last time I spoke with them I got "don't eat apples."